Reporting to CEO
Based in our London office
About the Role
As the Consulting Director at Pugpig you’ll be advising some of the world’s leading media brands on how to conceive, design, build, operate and optimise their digital products.
You will lead (and be part of) a small team of consultants with expertise in product development, product management, UX, design, insight and more.
Your team will work in collaboration with our customer revenue, client technology and product teams, helping sell business, delivering consulting services and contributing to our product development roadmap.
You will be a vocal, inspiring thought leader, who has opinions about the future of publishing and how to develop products that will contribute to the survival and success of the publishing industry. As such, you will work with our marketing team to develop white papers, insight, market analysis and other content that will reinforce the Pugpig brand as an industry leader in delivering digital publishing products.
We’ve recently restructured the company to enable us to grow and you’ll have a seat at the leadership team table, helping drive the direction of the business.
- Sell and deliver consulting work to publishers
- Work with the customer revenue team to support the Pugpig sales process (while potentially selling in consulting work as part of the engagement)
- Manage a team of consultants and maintain a profitable P&L within the consulting team
- Publish industry thought leadership across a spectrum of topics
- Work with the product team to help prioritise delivery of new product features that will meet the industry’s needs
- Work as part of the Pugpig leadership team to help shape and drive our future growth
- Advise our customers on how best to implement our technology to meet their specific needs
- You have deep experience of conceiving, designing and building digital products in the publishing industry – either from an agency or publisher perspective
- You have experience in managing teams to deliver product strategy
- You love speaking to customers and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have opinions about the industry and you’re willing to share them in public
- You’re happy working in a busy, buzzy environment and are adept at juggling multiple priorities at a time
- You’re tech savvy and have a genuine interest in software and products
- We believe that publishing is important and that it has a great future
- Our purpose is to power the publishing platforms that will help secure that future
- We do this by working in close partnership with our customers to conceive, evolve, customize and operate our platforms, so they can focus on their core business
- Our platforms power hundreds of apps for the biggest media brands in the world, from The Economist, Condé Nast and Gannett, to News Corporation, Hearst and Tortoise and many more
- We work with news media, consumer magazines, B2B publishers and membership organizations
- Our teams in London and New York offer deep expertise and support to customers around the world
If this role sounds like a great fit, get in touch with us, we’d love to hear from you!