Product Strategy Consultant
Reporting to the Consulting Services Director
Based in our London office
About the Role
As the Product Strategy Consultant at Pugpig you’ll be advising some of the world’s leading media brands on how to conceive, design, build, operate and optimise their digital products.
You will be a part of a small team of consultants with expertise in product development, product management, UX, design, insight and more.
You will conduct user research and competitor analysis. You will gather product requirements from your clients and design, build and test prototypes using the Pugpig platform. You’ll help plan delivery projects with our PS team and after launching MVPs, you will provide ongoing product management support to support client product iteration.
You will work in collaboration with our new business, customer success, professional services and product teams, helping sell business, delivering consulting services and contributing to our product development roadmap.
You will also be a vocal, inspiring thought leader, who has opinions about the future of publishing and how to develop products that will contribute to the survival and success of the publishing industry. As part of the consulting services team, you will work with our marketing team to develop white papers, insight, market analysis and other content that will reinforce the Pugpig brand as an industry leader in delivering digital publishing products.
- Help drive product strategy for publishers
- Work with publishers to gather and document product requirements
- Develop and conduct pre-launch user and competitor research
- Use the research along with client goals and requirements to drive the definition and design of digital products for publishers including user experience, content architecture, features and functionality
- Work with the PS team to develop prototypes and contribute to the scoping and planning of launch MVPs for handover to our PS team for delivery
- After launch, work with the rest of the team to refine and develop the product to achieve our clients’ goals
- Sell and deliver consulting work to publishers
- Publish industry thought leadership across a spectrum of topics
- Work with the product team to help prioritise delivery of new product features that will meet the industry’s needs
- Advise our customers on how best to implement our technology to meet their specific needs
- You have deep experience of conceiving, designing and building digital products in the publishing industry – either from an agency or publisher perspective
- You love speaking to customers and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have opinions about the industry and you’re willing to share them in public
- You’re happy working in a busy, buzzy environment and are adept at juggling multiple priorities at a time
- You’re tech savvy and have a genuine interest in software and products
- We believe that publishing is important and that it has a great future
- Our purpose is to power the publishing platforms that will help secure that future
- We do this by working in close partnership with our customers to conceive, evolve, customize and operate our platforms, so they can focus on their core business
- Our platforms power hundreds of apps for the biggest media brands in the world, from The Economist, Condé Nast and Gannett, to News Corporation, Hearst and Tortoise and many more
- We work with news media, consumer magazines, B2B publishers and membership organizations
- Our teams in London and New York offer deep expertise and support to customers around the world
Working at Pugpig
Here are some of the things you’ll experience if you come and join us…
- You’ll be working with the world’s best media companies
- Alongside an awesome, vibrant team of technology professionals
- Playing an important part in helping to secure the future of the publishing industry
- With a mix of home and office working that we regularly review
- And a set of values that puts an emphasis on quality of life for all of our team members
- Shorter days on Wednesdays and Fridays totalling an equivalent of over 20 days additional paid time off every year
- Volunteering days every year so that you can support a charity that’s close to your heart
- Training and conference budgets that help you stay on the top of your game
- And loads of team social activities