Technical Project Manager
Professional Services Director
About the Role
As a project manager at Pugpig you’ll be working hands on with some of the world’s leading media brands, delivering projects that build upon our established digital publishing platform. You’ll problem solve all sorts of things, many times a day. You’ll be jumping between different projects, talking to developers and dealing with multiple client stakeholders. We’re currently looking for more than one new PM to join the team – the exact shape of the role will depend on your experience.
- You will be responsible for planning your projects (collaborating with Pugpig’s product team where needed) and managing the development work we do internally.
- You will be the client’s main day-to-day Pugpig contact for the duration of your projects (with support from the Customer Success Manager who looks after the longer-term & commercial relationship)
- You’ll monitor the project budget, making sure risks are flagged as early as possible
- You’ll take on a key role in our Client Technology team, helping to make sure our processes are running as smoothly as possible. This will include:
- Helping to monitor client budgets and support buckets across our customers
- Making sure the Pugpig team are timesheeting appropriately – checking this against client budgets and ensuring that reporting and invoicing happen correctly
- You’ll help us keep our master project tracker up-to-date so that the whole team has visibility on what we’re working on and we can effectively manage resourcing across many competing priorities
- If you can contribute ideas for how we can run things better that’s great!
- You have 1-5 years experience delivering website projects, either in an agency environment, or client side
- It would also be advantageous if you have experience with:
- WordPress (or any other CMS)
- Mobile apps
- Design/UX processes
- Basic ad tech and analytics (including GA, GTM & GAM)
- Jira (or similar tools)
- Managing the whole project lifecycle, including source control and releasing from Dev to Stage to Prod
- You’re meticulously well organised and delivery focused; with the mindset and skills to independently drive your projects forwards
- You’re happy working in a very busy, buzzy environment and are adept at juggling multiple priorities at a time
- You’ve got experience dealing directly with customers (and developers) regularly and have excellent written communication skills
- You have a desire to learn continuously, pick up new skills and get to know new technologies
About working at Pugpig
- We’re a very sociable company and can often be found in a local rooftop bar sharing stories over a drink – especially on Fridays when we finish at 4pm (and 2pm on Summer Fridays)
- We have an annual training and conference budget
- You’ll have an annual bonus which is half based on company performance and half personal
- From October 2021 we are returning to the office starting 2 days a week (with the option to come in more frequently if you want to). We’re located centrally in Kings Cross, and will be moving to another central London location later this year.
- We believe that publishing is important and that it has a great future
- Our purpose is to power the publishing platforms that will help secure that future
- We do this by working in close partnership with our customers to conceive, evolve, customise and operate our platforms, so they can focus on their core business
- Our platforms power hundreds of apps for the biggest media brands in the world, from The Economist, Condé Nast and Gannett, to News Corporation, Hearst and Tortoise and many more
- We work with news media, consumer magazines, B2B publishers and membership organisations
- Our teams in London and New York offer deep expertise and support to customers around the world
If this role sounds like a great fit, get in touch with us, we’d love to hear from you!