QA Tester: Job Description
Responsibilities will include:
- Testing across all products, such as server, native apps and web
- Replicating and debugging all types of issues using tools including IDEs, Charles proxy and browser inspectors
- Using JIRA and TestRail to log test results and issues, and explaining detailed test results
- Manual testing, and some automated testing as well as exploratory testing of new features
- Understanding and responding to priorities, and managing your workload efficiently
- Using your written and spoken communication skills to help customers and other members of the team
- Product regression testing
- Communicating in meetings such as daily stand-ups, demos and retros
So, what are we looking for?
- A minimum of a 2:1 with a strong academic background
- Fantastic communication and comprehension skills, both written and verbal
- Some experience using iOS & Android devices, and Mac & Windows OS as well as different web browsers
- An interest in and understanding of how products interact with each other, both superficially and through the underlying systems
- Willingness to help in writing documentation
- A quick learner and someone who can work independently, with a desire to learn and develop new skills
- Someone who can be flexible to changing priorities
- Someone that loves being detail-oriented and inquisitive and can ask incisive questions confidently
- Any experience with QA testing is a big advantage but is not a necessity!
- Experience using JIRA in an agile environment would be ideal
- Interest in puzzle-solving
- Familiarity with a CMS such as WordPress would be advantageous
What else is on offer?
- A great starting salary
- A fun and social company – with designated Summer Friday 2pm finish!
- An annual training budget to ensure that you can attend conferences and training
- A casual office environment with no dress code
- Potential annual bonus additional to your salary
- Fantastic offices in Kings Cross (to which one day we hope to return)
- Smooth remote working processes during this global plague
- Designated Covid Wednesdays & Fridays with a 4pm finish year-round & often (remote) social events
If this role sounds like a great fit, get in touch with us, we’d love to hear from you!